- Start by having a big clean-out and remove all items that you don’t want or need.
- Begin by making everything easy to find – group your clothes together (dresses, shirts, skirts, pants etc.), then break them down by colour or sort from dark to light.
- Keep coat hangers to one style thus reducing clutter and keeping the focus on your clothes.
- If you have high open-shelving above your hanging space, use it to store out-of-season garments in baskets or boxes. This will free up more wardrobe space.
- An expandable shoe rack which sits on the wardrobe floor is great for shoes. If using shoe boxes for storage forget the lids as you want to instantly see what you have.
- Ideally, fold woollen and delicate items/garments and place them on open shelving. Place the heaviest items on the bottom on the pile.
- Fit out your drawers with dividers or small baskets and then group small items such as scarfs, gloves, socks, rolled-up belts or ties.
- Display your handbags on a shelf. If necessary stuff with a cheap cushion insert to keep upright. Small bags and clutches can be stored in a box.
- Once your wardrobe is organised, spend some time re-thinking how you wear your clothes. Consider trying new combinations before buying more garments.