- Select a colour palette which is harmonious, linking the inside and outside of your home.
- Try creating a comfortable and intimate outdoor space. Find a suitable spot in the courtyard or garden and add an outdoor table and chairs. Use cushions for comfort and to give a splash of colour.
- Consider creating a focal point in your garden using a water feature, sculpture or outdoor seat. Use objects that are enjoyable to look at. Running water from a water feature will create a relaxing atmosphere.
- Potted plants are great for improving the outside aspect of your home. Inject colour and create impact by using repetition of plants, and by grouping pots in the same colour.
- Consider using lanterns or candles to enhance the ambience when entertaining in the evening. Lining a pathway with lanterns will create a dramatic and inviting entrance for your guests.